Saturday, December 30, 2006

Old Friends

This weekend I am in Boston (Winthrop actually) visiting my oldest friends Jon and Allison. I rode the bus up from New York yesterday - a trip that while rather speedy, was largely uneventful. Jon met me at South Station and we grabbed some lunch in Boston just a block or so off the Boston Common. We rode the "T" back to Winthrop, where we collected their dog Bucklee (my Labradorian friend who is always glad to see Uncle Mark) from grandma and grandpa's house, then headed home to flop on the couch, watch some movies and catch up. Last night we ordered pizza because it was the easiest thing to do, and went to bed early. When I visit here, I sleep on the couch with Bucklee. It is much colder here than in New York, especially because people pay for their own heat, so having an 80 pound dog to cuddle with is a great way to keep warm at night. Unfortunately, this dog snores a bit, but I was able to get a decent sleep anyway.

We have no big plans for the weekend, which is the way we generally like it. We will probably go for some walks along the beach, do some errands and just hang out. Tonight we are planning to go out to dinner and then go see our old friend Scott and his wife Laurell who have a brand new baby girl. Sunday we are planning to go to Walden Pond, which is one of my favorite places in the whole world. I plan to take some pictures and reflect - a lot has transpired in my life since the last time I was there, and I'm sure I will have a lot more to say on that.

No comments: