Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nothing Doing


Today is one of those rare days that I have almost nothing of any consequence on my mind – I consider this a good thing. I have had a nice email chat with my friend Jon about my impending visit to Boston and basically run out of things to distract myself with, so I may actually buckle-down and do some of the paperwork that I’ve been carefully avoiding for the past three days. I am looking forward to going to P.A.X. this evening at 6:45 which is a men’s group that I rarely get to attend anymore (normally I teach late on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and has the added virtue of being Nathan’s home-group.

I stopped by Nathan’s place yesterday on my way home from work to do some more work with him. We figure three more sessions should allow me to finish what I started with him over a year ago. This is kind of a big deal for me, as historically I am great at beginning things (always with the best of intentions) but not so good at the follow-through. As usual, I needed a deadline and his impending move to Australia has provided a significant one.

This evening I will start and complete my packing for the weekend and try to get some sleep – I plan to get a 5am start tomorrow, which will be a travel day. As I said, not much going on today, just missing the little ones and hoping they are well and are having some fun.

No comments: