Friday, December 15, 2006

And He Smote Them

I was reading a bit of the Old Testament last night and really enjoyed all the "smiting" that seemed to happen back then. It seems to me that the Almighty has left that particular tool idling in the celestial Craftsman toolbox for far too long. Why is this? Did he lose it? Did the switch to the metric system somehow screw things up (pun intended)? God should definitely rediscover this long forgotten means of persuasion. Think of all the things and people that could really use a good old-fashioned smiting. I can certainly think of a few people who would make my "and He smote them" short-list, can't you? I'm not trying to back-seat deify, but one of the attributes of a good manager is to listen to the ideas of his loyal employees. Just consider it a suggestion - I have the list ready.

In other news: today is my company holiday party, which should be very caloric (mashed potatoes, collard greens and sweet potato pie - MMmmmmnnnn!). After work I plan to stop on the way home and pick up a Christmas tree. The kids were enthralled with the small tree in the waiting room of the audiologist's office Wednesday night (by the way, they couldn't get a good read on Zach and said to bring him back in six months). I was on the fence about whether or not to get a tree, but their delight and interest tipped it for me. By the time I get home, Dad and Fredi should have arrived - they are spending the weekend with me, hoping to get a brief visit with Zach and Miranda before they head off to Florida for the winter. Hopefully all will go well, and as planned.

No comments: