Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Time

Today is a very busy day. I am teaching two classes (math and writing) this morning and covering a class for a colleague who is on vacation. I will be leaving the office at 1:30, then heading down to the Fortune Society on 23rd Street in Midtown Manhattan for a meeting of the New York Math Exchange Group (MEG), where I will be presenting a problem that I have created, and giving a talk on problem-posing. My presentation will last from 3pm to 5pm, then I will be off and running again to take care of some errands (banking, pharmacy, and dry cleaning) before arriving home for a quick change of clothes (too bad there are no phone booths anymore). After donning my play clothes, I am being picked up by a friend (or two?) and being driven to Fort Tilden, which I understand is somewhere in the Rockaways (the southern most part of Queens, that sticks out into the Atlantic Ocean). There, I will be delivering a talk on taking a "searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves," which will last from 7:30pm until 8:30pm. At some point this evening I hope to eat, but that may not happen until I get home around 9:30 or 10pm. It's all good stuff, but it is a very full day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take 5 minutes for yourself. Stop and look at christmas lights or something. I'm willing to say that 5 minutes you can spare and i'm sure it will do you well on a busy day.

OBI