Monday, March 24, 2008

After 5 1/2 Years

Warning: This one may bring a tear to the eye.

I was pushing Zach and Miranda up 75th Street towards McKinley Park on Saturday, so that we could go on the big Easter egg hunt that was been held by our local state senator, and the most amazing thing happened...

Zach, who was standing in the back of the stroller facing forward (doing a little happy dance, hopping from one foot to the other, because he knew we were going to the park) turned around, looked me right in the eye and said (actually said!) "I love you."

Zach has some words, can label objects and is able to make simple requests, but it was the first time he has ever said anything about how he was feeling to me, and it was the one thing that I've waited five and a half years to hear and to know and to savor! I love you too Bumble Bee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bro, wonderful!

--Wa