Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Own Music!!!

At long last Ted Kennedy's Driving School rides again. I've finally been able to add my own music to this page (see below and right). It will remain on the sidebar of the blog, under the photo of the bridge permanently (for now), even after this post has been pushed down into the nether regions where old posts go to die (somewhere in Africa I think). Please note: when you click on the player there is a 3 - 4 second delay before the song starts playing. It is an annoying techno-glitch that I am working on - please hang in there:)



I had been meaning to get around to uploading my MP3 file(s) to my Podbean page, then using a third-party widget to stream it from that site to this one, however, that all became unnecessary as of today. Sonific.com finally added a feature that allows artists (like myself) to self publish their music and use their (Sonific's) widgets as players. This is really cool because I am comfortable with Sonific's tools and happy (so far) with their service, but more importantly, it allows billions of my fellow humans (anyone with a computer jacked into the net) to hear the product of my creativity. Who knows, I might even make a couple of bucks off of it, as this track is now for sale on Amazon.com - cool huh?

I recorded this song at Porter Square Studios in Cambridge (it was engineered by Rob Ignazio) - I wrote the song, arranged it, play all the istruments (except keys, violin and mandolin which were played by the other members of the driving school), do all of the drums and percussion and do all the vocals. Enjoy!

No comments: