Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Good Mojo

Did you ever experience a period of time when things just seemed to be falling into place? I am in the midst of one such period - this is a very good thing and is the result of much hard work. However (there's always a "but" isn't there?), I've been ruminating on how these periods are defined. There is always a beginning and an end that are the opposites of, and which define, the period in between as either positive or negative, good or bad. The same old-same old, gray or so-so periods in this case are often unremarkable and are seldom noticed by me, even though they make up the bulk of life. Thus, a run of good luck begins with the cessation of bad luck and continues until an instance of bad luck occurs again. This may sound like I'm waiting for the other proverbial shoe to drop, but this is not the case at all.

This is mainly due to the fact that I've been thinking about it all in terms of Karma and, to a large extent, I believe that we make our own Karma, reaping that which we sow. This is the real beauty of simply putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing - it is a recipe for good Karma. The trick seems to be to keep on-keeping on. Sure I can stop and enjoy the mojo, but I know I need to keep sowing the right seeds if I want more of what I'm getting now. Just thought I'd share that with you - peace, love and special sauce.
P.S. as an added bonus, I get to see my two beautiful children tonight from 6 - 8!

No comments: