Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More Changes


So in case you didn't notice, I have made some more changes here. I added a couple of links (will it never end?) to the sidebar, these are: Del.icio.us, Answers.com, and Sonific.com. The first was suggested by my Jedi Master, friend and consultant on all things that are both electronic and technical - Nathan.

Delicious is really cool, it allows you to place tags on websites that you visit (as many tags as you want) instead of bookmarking them, and creates a relational database for your "bookmarks" that is not only searchable, but can be added to by anyone who knows your user name. It's kind of a social bookmarking site in this way. Also, you can add buttons to firefox so that it is even easier to use than the regular bookmarking dropdown menu. Cool huh? Check it out and if you want to bookmark sites/pages for me to look at. I am "zmmiller" - as always.

Answers.com is a site that my friend Lewis financed as a startup some years back, and is a cool search engine that primarily gives you results from a wide variety of reference sources, all on one page. It took me a little while to get used to, but I have grown to like it and find that it saves me from constantly going to Wikipedia.

The final addition is the coolest, but may be replaced if I can figure out a better way to do this. You may have noticed the new music players on the page. I have been wanting to add some audio (someday video too) to this page for a while, in order to create a more complete multimedia experience, and this widget comes courtesy of Sonific.com. I plan to update the song on the sidebar periodically, but not too often. This posting is also an experiment to see if I can add specific songs to go with a specific entry - we'll know shortly. Ultimately, I would like to be able to post my own music (published and nonpublished)and that of my friends too, but as of yet Sonific does not have that capability. Supposedly they are working on it. At least for now, though, enjoy some nice relaxing music and let me know what you think.

On an entirely unrelated topic, I forgot to mention a really charming "Daddy moment" that happened over the weekend. Early Sunday morning, the kids cooperated by playing nicely together while I grabbed a quick shower. After the shower, I decided to shave and Miranda came bouncing by the bathroom just as I had the shaving cream spread all over my face (at least the parts one shaves). She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me with the funniest look that said, "what the Hell are you doing?" She had this look of intense concentration and I don't think that she blinked or took her eyes off of my face, until I had finished the whole process. She then laughed at me and went right back to her play with Zachy. It was really cute - I remember watching my Dad shave when I was that age or slightly older, and finding the whole thing to be somewhat mysterious - I guess some things don't change.
Peace and Love.

No comments: