Monday, August 20, 2007

And So It Begins...

Tonight I begin the process of preparation for the series 66 and series 7 exams, which will allow me to buy sell and trade mutual funds, stocks, bonds and some other things (not commodities) that I'm not really sure about yet. I will also have to take and pass the tests for the various insurance licenses that come into play in financial planning. The Ameriprise office is diagonally across the street from the Chrysler building (right where that steam pipe blew up a few weeks back) close to Grand Central Terminal, and I have to show up at 5:30 to finish the NASD registration then work out a study calendar with the training manager.

I bought a shiny new notebook for the occasion on my lunch hour, so I got that going for me...which is nice... (sorry, I just love Carl the greens-keeper). I'm not sure what to expect, so I'm doing a pretty good job of just plain-old not expecting anything, but I find that I'm a little nervous, as it has been a long time since I was a student. This process should take me until some time in November to complete, at which time I will take stock (pun intended) and see which employment option is best for me.

No comments: