Saturday, November 08, 2008

Getting My Zen On

So how much experiential wisdom does it take to reach enlightenment anyway? Is there some kind of wisdom-o-meter that I can buy - say, on ebay? I'm just asking... I mean... because... you know... like... I got to be getting close... right? Right?!? Remember folks, in the attainment of awakening it's experiential realization that counts, not style - and each day I am confronted with endless and wildly varied experiences - and, through them, I try not to seek reality, just an end to opinions.
Well, no matter really - I got 8 hours of sleep (in a row!!!) last night, was able to get some meditation time in (to a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders) and I feel completely renewed - well, almost. I often wonder how I'd feel if circumstances permitted me to do all the other little things I know I should be doing for myself, on a daily basis; because I am certain that the quieter I become, the more I will hear.
Even marooned as I am here in New York, at any given moment I can open my eyes and just exist... if I put in the leg work. I must be ever mindful that if I cannot find the truth right where I am, where else can I expect to find it? The end of all my exploring will be to arrive where I started and know the place for the first time.
Peaceandlove.

No comments: